Car reviews - Porsche - 911 - GT2 Coupe
Porsche goes for supercar gold with its astonishingly good 911 GT2, priced at $425K
28 Mar 2008
AT $425,700, Porsche's new 997-series 911 GT2 shoots directly at Ferrari territory, but the most expensive production Porsche ever sold in Australia also offers the most formidable performance statistics. With more power than the flagship 911 Turbo and no all-wheel drive system with which to harness its extra turbocharged urge, the GT2 is not for the faint-hearted. Best described as a turbocharged version of the race-ready, rear-drive GT3 coupe, the GT2 is the most track-focussed road-going 911 ever.
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Model release date: 1 March 2008 to 1 January 2012
Porsche 911 GT2 coupeReleased:
August 2003Family Tree: 911
The current GT2's 996-series forebear headed in a more luxurious direction than the 993-series original of 1995, but as Porsche's highest-performing road-going 911 coupe, it was no slouch. Peak power was rated at 340kW and, with 620Nm of torque available from its twin-turbo 3.6-litre flat-six, the six-speed manual-only 996 GT2 was one of the quickest and fastest supercars in its day. In Australia, the previous GT2 was priced at $399,000.
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new 911
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Carrera 4 AWD Cabriolet
Carrera 4 AWD Coupe
Carrera 4 GTS
Carrera 4S AWD Cabriolet
Carrera 4S AWD Coupe
Carrera S cabriolet
Carrera S Coupe
Targa 4 GTS
Turbo S Exclusive
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.