Car reviews - Porsche - 911 - Carerra S Cabriolet
Drop-top Porsche 911 holds on to its title as the ultimate all-round sportscar
9 Sep 2016
THERE are few cars, if any, that can claim to have the same consistent appeal as the redoubtable Porsche 911, with more than half a century of wining hearts on the track and road.
Some say many aspects of the iconic model are flawed from its unorthodox engine, engine location, styling and laughable second-row seating, but by its 50th birthday in 2013, the German car-maker had sold about 820,000 so they must be doing something right, right?
Of course, during such a long and rich life, the 911 has undergone some significant evolutionary changes including a move from air-cooled engines to liquid-cooling, its rear-mounted engine is now classed as rear-mid and it is chock-full of the latest electronics.
A 2016 update brought yet another significant milestone with all sub-Turbo variants getting smaller engines, but boosted by forced induction across the board in the name of emissions reduction and fuel economy.
Throughout its life, the 911 has continued to attract a strong following no matter what changes the German engineers throw at it, but will the latest update be a bridge too far?Click here for the full review...
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Click to see larger images
Model release date: 1 February 2016
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new 911
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Carrera 4 AWD Cabriolet
Carrera 4 AWD Coupe
Carrera 4 GTS
Carrera 4S AWD Cabriolet
Carrera 4S AWD Coupe
Carrera S cabriolet
Carrera S Coupe
Targa 4 GTS
Turbo S Exclusive
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.