Car reviews - Jaguar - XF - 3.0D V6 S sedan
Jaguar's 3.0-litre XF diesel is the life of the party
12 Mar 2010
IF you are after a diesel-powered luxury sedan in the low $100,000 region, you are in for a big treat, with both Mercedes-Benz and BMW pushing through all-new models that tick most peoples’ boxes with unequivocal ease. But the latest Jaguar XF S 3.0D is something else entirely, delivering high-output performance that will knock your socks off, combined with impressively low fuel consumption and emissions figures. Add exceptional design inside and out, and the latest Jaguar is out to be the best diesel car in its class.
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Model release date: 1 August 2009 to 1 January 2016
X250 XF 2.7D LuxuryReleased:
May 2009Family Tree: XF
OUTWARDLY identical to the MY10 XF S 3.0D, the preceding 2.7-litre twin-turbo diesel produced 152kW of power and 435Nm of torque, for a 7.5L/100km fuel consumption average and 199g/km of CO2 emissions. Driving the rear wheels via a six-speed automatic gearbox, it was a powerful and smooth engine, providing sufficient performance for what – at 1771kg – is still a heavy four-door sedan.
This V6 diesel was also used in a variety of Peugeot, Citroen and Land Rover models, as well as in the larger Jaguar XJ – which, by the way, weighs 112kg less by account of its aluminium body. The XF in contrast employs steel construction. Also adding mass was a long list of standard features, as per the Jaguar’s positioning against the Mercedes-Benz E280 CDI, BMW 530d, and Audi A6 3.0 quattro, as well as the Lexus GS450h Hybrid.
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new XF
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.