Car reviews - Nissan - Navara - dual-cab utility range
New Nissan Navara dual-cab offers enough space, power and comfort to rock its rivals
29 Nov 2005
NISSAN isn’t letting Toyota get its way any longer with the well-received HiLux, calling in the services of the all-new D40 Navara to snare more than a few of the more well-heeled light-truck buyers. And it really seems the company has done its homework, offering a strong diesel, powerful V6, up-to-date gearboxes, plenty of comfort and space, and a big dose of refinement in a handsomely proportioned package. The new Navara may be Nissan’s best chance yet to really show its arch nemesis how to do it.
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Model release date: 1 November 2005 to 1 January 2012
D22 Navara ST-R dual-cabReleased:
October 05Family Tree: Navara
Continuing alongside the new-generation D40 Navara, the D22 ST-R (according to Nissan) single-handedly reinvigorated the lifestyle light truck segment with its appealing combination of creature comforts and rugged go-anywhere demeanour. It certainly made the 1997-vintage D22 Navara range more palatable.
Initially the five-speed manual-only ST-R – in cab-chassis, single-cab and dual-cab guises – came in a 120kW/248Nm 3.0-litre V6 until 2003’s facelift brought on a 125kW/260Nm 3.3-litre unit. Yet it has been the 110kW/314Nm 3.0-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder that’s been one of the main attractions.
Now that the D40 is here, the V6 models vanish, but Nissan is still hoping price-sensitive consumers still keep coming for some of that price-effective D22 ST-R action.
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new Navara
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
DX Single Cab Chas 4x4
RX 4X2 Dual Cab Pick Up
RX 4X4 Dual Cab Pick Up
RX Dual Cab Chas 4x4
RX King Cab Chas 4x2
RX King Cab Chas 4x4
RX King Cab Pick Up 4x4
RX Single Cab Chas 4x2
RX Single Cab Chas 4x4
SL 4X4 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST 4X2 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST 4X4 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST King Cab Pick Up 4x4
ST-X 4X2 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST-X 4X4 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST-X King Cab Pick Up 4x4
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.