Car reviews - Mazda - BT-50 - SDX 4x4 Dual-Cab 4-dr utility
The Mazda BT-50 turbo-diesel shows itself as best in class for driver enjoyment
9 Jan 2009
MAZDA gave the BT-50 a light make-over in 2008 to keep up buyer interest. Despite sharing much of its platform with its predecessor (the B-series), this old truck knows a trick or two. With a new ticker fitted in the form of a 3.0-litre turbo-diesel, and now into its second facelift since introduction in 2006, the BT-50 is a credible player in the ute market, one that is not known for following new technology as closely as the passenger car market.
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Model release date: 1 September 2008 to 1 October 2011
Sept 2008Family Tree: BT-50
The BT-50 arrived to replace the B-series with three body styles - a two-door Single Cab with two or three seats a 'Freestyle' Cab (offering back-hinged, B-pillarless rear doors) offering four seats and a conventional four-door, five-seater Dual Cab style. The petrol engine from the B-series was gone, with a new 3.0-litre turbo-diesel replacement available in five-speed manual or, in top-spec models, a five-speed automatic, with prices starting at $31,975 for the Single Cab Chassis w/bench seat DX and $45,550 for the top-spec Dual Cab Utility SDX auto.
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new BT-50
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
2.2 XT Hi-Rider Single Cab Chas
2.2 XT Single Cab Chas
3.2 GT 4X4 Dual Cab Ute
3.2 XT 4X4 Dual Cab Chas
3.2 XT 4X4 Dual Cab Ute
3.2 XT 4X4 Freestyle Cab Chas
3.2 XT 4X4 Single Cab Chas
3.2 XT Hi-Rider Dual Cab Chas
3.2 XT Hi-Rider Dual Cab Ute
3.2 XT Hi-Rider Freestyle Cab Chas
3.2 XT Hi-Rider Single Cab Chas
3.2 XTR 4X4 Dual Cab Ute
3.2 XTR 4X4 Freestyle Cab Ute
3.2 XTR Hi-Rider Dual Cab Ute
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.