Car reviews - Mitsubishi - Triton - GLX 4x2 DI-D utility
Mitsubishi throws a curve-ball into the 2WD diesel ute pack with its Triton 4x2 DI-D
2 May 2008
THE days of compromising on style, safety, comfort and equipment levels are over if you are the owner or driver of a 4x2 diesel pick-up, because Mitsubishi has thrown a veritable panther among the old and fading pigeons in the form of its new 2.5-litre DI-D turbo-diesel ML Triton 4x2 GLX. It seems few stones were left unturned as the Japanese full-line importer strives to pull away from Mazda, Ford, Nissan and Holden with its popular one-tonne truck. Toyota's HiLux should be worried too.
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Model release date: 1 May 2008 to 1 October 2009
Triton GLX 2.8DReleased:
Dec 2000Family Tree: Triton
Late 2000 was the last time Mitsubishi offered a Triton 4x2 diesel. Available in cab-chassis and dual-cab utility guise in earlier versions of the previous-generation MK model that was finally discontinued in late 2006, the rear-drive pick-up was powered by a hoary old 2.8-litre single-cam eight-valve four-cylinder naturally-aspirated diesel that produced 71kW of power and 198Nm of torque. The only gearbox on offer was a five-speed manual. Equipment levels were sparse, with cloth trim, a radio cassette player and power steering the only real luxuries. And also reflecting the era, Mitsubishi junked this ancient diesel for its trusty and gutsy 133kW/255Nm 3.0-litre SOHC petrol V6.
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new Triton
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Blackline Double Cab Pick Up Limited Edition
Exceed 4X4 Double Cab Pick Up
GLS 4x4 Double Cab Pick Up
GLS Sports 4x4 Double Cab Pick Up
GLX 4x4 Club Cab Chas
GLX 4x4 Double Cab Chas
GLX 4x4 Double Cab Pick Up
GLX 4x4 Plus Club Cab Pick Up
GLX 4x4 Single Cab Chas
GLX Double Cab Pick Up 4X2
GLX Plus 4x4 Double Cab Pick Up
GLX Single Cab Chassis 4x2
GLX Single Cab Chassis 4x4
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.